At times, customers may authorize repairs that they are unable to pay for when the work is completed. The mechanics lien process ensures that the shop owner can recover over-due payments from non-paying customers for legitimate labor and services through an enforceable legal procedure.
A mechanics lien may be enforced when the payment for services and/or materials is 30-days overdue; 90-days for trailers and reasonable attempts were made to contact the customer and collecting payment was unsuccessful.
Most shop owners are in the business of repairing vehicles and not storing them. This places an unfair and costly legal burden on the shop owner to store and keep the vehicle safe. That is why it is extremely important that the shop owner make sure their customer is fully aware of the “Rules for Storage” for their facility before they let the customer approve repairs and leave the vehicle.
THE COST OF A MECHANICS LIEN TO SHOP OWNER IS $250.00
Diversified is a licensed, bonded and insured debt collector in Maryland
- Establish and Track All Timelines
- Locate and Notify Responsible Parties
- Perform State Title Searches
- Negotiations with Customer
- Provide Email Reminders and Updates
- Schedule Pre-Inspections
- Post Legal Notices
- Hold Auction [If Necessary]
- If the Vehicle Sells at Auction, The Shop Owner Pays 10% Selling Price [Minimum $95]
- If the Vehicle Does Not Sell, The Shop Owner Is the Auction Winner
THE COST TO TITLE THE VEHICLE FOR WINNER OF AUCTION
Diversified is a licensed, bonded, and insured tag & title service in MD & PA
MARYLAND TITLE [Must Be a Resident]
- Complete All State Forms
- Maryland Excise Tax
- Maryland Title Fee
- Our Fee to Process Transaction w/MVA
Call or Drop By!
Chat With Us