Purple Heart Tags
Purple heart tags are issues to military personnel wounded during combat. These specialty tags can only be obtained at the Glen Burnie Headquarters Branch and may only be issued to a veteran or active member of the military who furnishes documentation proving receipt of the military award or honor recognized on the plates.
The supporting documentation needed include:
- MVA Form VR-120 Application for Military License Plates
- Vehicle Information
- Proof of Combat Related Award
- Copy of military discharge papers (form #DD214); or
- Copy of document verifying award (e.g., Purple Heart Certificate); or
- Written proof from the National Personnel Records Center that the applicant received the award.
The motor Vehicles classes listed below may display combat-related license plates:
- A Class: [Passenger Car]
- M Class: [Multi-purpose vehicle]
- EPO Class: Truck [w/1-ton or less manufacturer’s rate capacity]
- D Class: Motorcycle
Call or Drop By!
Chat With Us
MON-FRI:9AM-3:30PM Until Further Notice
SAT:Closed Until Further Notice