Z Number Issuance & Consolidation for Businesses
All businesses in Maryland that want to title their vehicles in the company name must provide supporting documentation [proof] of the legal existence of the business. The MVA will issue a Z # to identify your business with the MVA.
Acceptable Proof of a Legal Business as of July 1, 2015
- A copy of the business license or;
- Articles of Incorporation for Stock, Non-Stock, Closed, Religious, or Tax Exempt Non-Stock Corporation
- Articles of Organization for Limited Liability Company
- Partnership Agreement or Certificate of Limited Liability Company
- Sole Proprietorship – a copy of a business license, registration, and/or trade name application from the State Department of Assessment and Taxation, or;
- Application for Sole Proprietorship and/or General Partnership filed with the Business Personal Property Unit
- Certificate of Limited Liability Partnership
- Registration and/or Trade Name Application from State Department of Assessment and Taxation
- Articles of Merger
- Articles or Reorganization
- The portion of a trust agreement that names the trust and identifies the trustees
- Retail Sales Tax Exemption Card
- Federal Employers Identification Number (FEIN) must also be provided.
- The business name, address and FEIN will be verified by the Comptroller of Maryland’s database.
Call or Drop By!
Chat With Us