New Title w/ ORV Decal
All scooters, mopeds, snow mobiles, ATV’s and dirt bikes must be titled in Maryland as of October 1, 2012 [MVA Bulletin D-09-12-09]. A few years later, UTV’s were added on May 31, 2017 [MVA Bulletin D-05-17-01]. These are all off-road vehicles and are not required to be Maryland Safety inspected.
The owner/operator must:
- Pay Maryland Excise Tax
- Purchase a Maryland Certificate of Title
- Purchase and Display ORV title decal on fender/bumper for identification
- Have a valid moped operator’s permit or a valid driver’s license of any class.
- Carry proof of insurance while operating vehicle
- Wear a helmet and eye wear if the vehicle is not equipped with a windscreen.
- If you owned the vehicle prior to October 1, 2012 and title prior to October 1, 2013 there will be no title fee or excise taxes collected.
- This transaction may be processed by a dealer or tag and title service.
MOPED means a bicycle that:
- Is designed to be operated by human power with the assistance of a motor.
- Is equipped with pedals that mechanically drive the rear wheel or wheels;
- Has two or three wheels, of which one is more than 14 inches in diameter; and
- Has a motor rating of 1.5 brake horsepower or less and, if the motor is an internal combustion engine, a capacity of 50 cubic centimeters piston displacement or less.
MOTOR SCOOTER means a non-pedal vehicle that:
- Has a seat for the owner/operator,
- Has 2 wheels, of which one is 10 inches or more in diameter;
- Has a step through chassis;
- Has a motor,
- With a rating of 2.7 brake horsepower or less; or
- If the motor is an internal combustion engine, with a capacity of 50 cubic centimeters piston displacement or less; and
- Is equipped with an automatic transmission.
- “Motor Scooter” does not include a vehicle that has been manufactured for off road use, including a motorcycle and all-terrain vehicles.
Call or Drop By!
Chat With Us
MON-FRI:9AM-3:30PM Until Further Notice
SAT:Closed Until Further Notice