Standard Registration Renewal
Marylanders normally register their motor vehicles or trailers for 2-years at a time. The fees are different so please call us or stop by so we can help you determine what your fees are for your motor vehicle or trailer.
- We here at Diversified Tag & Title Services offer the option for both 1-year registration or 2-year registration; when available.
- When renewing your registration, you will receive a new registration card and “year-sticker.”
- If your month sticker has become faded or unreadable, please stop by and we will give you a new “month” sticker; no charge.
- An “uninsured motorist penalty” may be imposed if you cancel your insurance before you return your tags. Please stop by and see us to return your tags and do not cancel your insurance until you have an MVA approved receipt.
- If your license plates are lost or mutilated, please stop by and we will provide you with “Replacement Tags.” Any old plates in your possession can be returned here also.
- If the vehicle is sold, traded or junked and you have NOT transferred the plates, please stop by and see us and return your tags to avoid the penalties.
- You may apply for a refund if you have not used your 2nd year’s registration.
- Administrative fees may be assessed; by the MVA if your motor vehicle registration is being suspended [i.e., red light camera, speed camera, parking ticket, insurance compliance, toll violations, returned check, and more].
- The administrative fee by the MVA is assessed for each administrative action imposed.
- Any fee remaining unpaid may be referred to the Maryland Central Collection Unit for collection.
- A portion of the registration fee is a surcharge of $17.00 as part of Transportation Infrastructure Investment Act of 2013.
- This goes directly to the Maryland Emergency Medical System Operations Fund to support Maryland’s world-renowned trauma and emergency management system,
This includes the Maryland State Police Aviation Command, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, the Maryland Fire and Rescue
Call or Drop By!
Chat With Us